Muslim Pre and Post Wedding Ceremonies
Table of Contents
Marriage is one of the most necessary and dreamy things that happen in every religion and culture. The rites and rituals of marriage vary according to religion. But Muslims take those Muslim marriage rituals very seriously because they consider them as their main responsibilities. At modern Muslim wedding, the rituals are decreasing day by day. This blog provides detailed information about the most important Muslim pre and post wedding ceremonies.
Muslim Marriage (Nikah)
A Muslim wedding is called Nikah and it usually lasts for three days. Muslim wedding ritual is a simple ritual, and the bride doesn't have to be present until she sends two witnesses to the written contract. The ritual includes recitation from the Quran and exchange of vows in front of witnesses.
Muslim Pre Wedding Ceremonies
🎉 Salatul Istikhara
🎉 Imam Zamin
The very first ceremony in a Nikah is Salatul Istikhara. After the marriage is fixed, all the family members pray to Allah for the consent and blessings of the future couple. Couples also participate in this prayer. This is the confirmation of the marriage.Imam Zamin
It is the second ceremony of a Muslim wedding. In this ceremony, the groom's mother comes to the bride's house with sweets, gifts, and a silver or gold coin wrapped in silk cloth. The groom's mother ties it on the wrist of her future daughter-in-law. It signifies the bride's warm acceptance of the groom's family.
Mangni is known as the engagement ceremony. This is the exchange of rings between bride and groom in front of their close family, relation, and friends to witness their engagement. This is the official announcement of Nikah. Both families will shower each other with some gifts, sweets, clothes, fruits, jewels, etc.
Manjha is the Haldi ceremony and it takes a day or two days before the marriage. Both the bride and groom will dress in yellow. All the family members will apply turmeric and sandalwood paste. This ceremony brings joy, an auspicious beginning, and purifies them. After Manjha, the bride and groom should not leave the house until their marriage.
Mehendi is the most important ritual in the Nikah. The bride's close friends and relatives gather together at this ceremony. A well-known or professional Mehendi artist will apply henna to the bride's hands and feet. This ritual will be superb fun with some singing and dances.
Muslim Post Wedding Ceremonies
🎊 Arsi Mushraf
This is the first ceremony that happens after the Nikah. In this ritual, the first meeting of the bride and groom happens after Nikah, with a mirror placed in between them. The couple will be seated with their face covered and read some prayers.
This is the more emotional moment for the bride and her family with lots of tears. This is the time for the bride to wave goodbye to her family. Then the couple leaves the venue and arrives at her new home. There, she will be welcomed by her mother-in-law and then place the Holy Quran on her head to symbolize her duties as a wife and in-law.
This is the reception which is arranged by the groom's family to declare the bride to the groom's extended family, friends and relations. At this reception, there will be more fun with music and songs. The couple will be gifted by their relatives and friends.
Chauthi is the visit of the couple to the bride's home and it happens four days after the wedding. The couple will be welcomed with great affection and love. Then they have a hearty meal. The wedding ceremonies will be ended with a lovely meal.
The Muslim wedding ceremonies are different from other religions. This Muslim wedding rituals step by step guide will help your future. Are you ready for your Nikah and looking for a bride/ groom? Get registered with Nithra Matrimony, which has lakhs of Muslim brides and grooms profiles. It has free registration too. Browse or install our site for more details about Muslim Matrimony in Nithra.
Our Nithra Matrimony AppNithra Matrimony is one among the best matrimonial service you could find, very simple and easiest one so far to get a better soulmate for your life, and it is user friendly and designed precisely for all the Tamil people who are searching for a partner, they can find out their ally from the matched list reliant on their bias. Use our Nithra Matrimony App to keep track of your beloved spouse hunt.
- 📖Top 5 Flowers For Tamil Bridal Hairstyle
- 📖Best Wedding Invitation Quotes for Friends
- 📖Does blood group matter in marriage?
- 📖Tamil Brahmin Wedding Rituals and Ceremonies
- 📖Colors for the wedding ceremony
- 📖Top 5 bridal makeup looks for Tamil brides
- 📖Traditional Sarees for Tamil Weddings
- 📖Hairstyles for brides
- 📖Unique wedding gifts to impress your guests
- 📖Saree Colors for a Tamil Traditional Bride
- 📖5 Best marriage proposal ideas
- 📖Why does NRI prefer Indian brides?
- 📖Parigaram for Unmarried Brides/Grooms
- 📖5 Tamil Hindu Festivals for Newly Married
- 📖The most trusted divorcee matrimony site in Tamilnadu
- 📖Tamil Nadu Marriage Scheme
- 📖How to find the best dosham matrimony site for dosham brides& grooms
- 📖Best compatible zodiac signs for marriage
- 📖Vows of Marriage
- 📖Top 5 South Indian Wedding Food
- 📖Considerations while meeting someone through a matrimony website
- 📖Tips to Create an Impressive Matrimony Profile
- 📖Top 5 Second Marriage Matrimony Site
- 📖Your Birth Date And You
- 📖Essential Things to Consider for Couples Before Marriage
- 📖Muslim Pre and Post Wedding Ceremonies
- 📖Types of Tamil wedding invitation
- 📖Best ways to Convince Your Children for Marriage
- 📖Do's and Dont's while selecting your life partner
- 📖The Best Divorce Matrimony And How to Find a Partner for Remarriage
- View More
Nithra Matrimony is one among the best matrimonial service you could find, very simple and easiest one so far to get a better soulmate for your life, and it is user friendly and designed precisely for all the Tamil people who are searching for a partner, they can find out their ally from the matched list reliant on their bias. Use our Nithra Matrimony App to keep track of your beloved spouse hunt.